Travel To Strathmiglo, Fife, Scotland
A town at the western end of the Howe of Fife, situated on the River Eden just south of the A91 to St Andrews.
A medieval burgh of barony with districts once owned by the church and the Knights Templar, its merchants once supplied nearby Falkland Palace with goods and services. During the 18th and 19th centuries the town developed as a textile centre but also became famous for its 'Fife Boots' first manufactured by A.T. Hogg (1858-1927).
Strathmiglo High Street is dominated by the Tolbooth with its open forestair and octagonal spire, and outside the parish church stands a Pictish symbol stone dating from c.700 AD.